Create a basic Clustered Data ONTAP Volume
This workflow will:
· Provision a volume in a selected Storage Virtual Machine
· Optionally create a CIFS share on the volume and add applicable Access Control Lists for the share
· Optionally export the volume over NFS by providing read-write access to specific hosts
· Create a share for the newly created volume
· Add applicable Access Control Lists for the share
Note: This is a sample workflow to illustrate Workflow Automation.
User Input parameters:
1) Cluster* (required): The Clustered ONTAP storage system that hosts the Storage Virtual Machine where the new volume will be created.
The drop-down list identifies both the name of the Cluster and its Primary IP Address.
2) Storage Virtual
The Storage Virtual Machine where the volume will be created.
The drop-down list identifies all the Data Storage Virtual Machines in the selected Cluster.
3) Extended Volume Style* (required): The type of volume you want to create either FlexVol volume or FlexGroup.
4) The FlexGroup Details: You can only use the FlexGroup Details section when you select the extended volume style as FlexGroup.
5) Volume Name
The name to use for the volume.
A volume guaranteed volume of the specified size will be provisioned in an aggregate with the most available capacity in the cluster by the given name and mounted in the Storage Virtual Machine’s namespace as /<volume_name>.
6) Volume Size GB (required): The usable size of the volume you would like to create in GB. The total volume size is automatically calculated within the workflow to accommodate for snapshot space.
7) Create NFS Export (required): Indicates if the volume should be configured with NFS export rules. It is checked by default.
8) Create CIFS Share (required): Indicates if a CIFS share must be configured on the volume. It is checked by default.
9) Encrypt Volume (optional): Supports the Volume Granular Encryption functionality. It is unchecked by default. This functionality is only supported on FlexVol volumes. Selecting the Encrypt Volume checkbox will encrypt the volume.
1) NFS Read-Write Hosts: Comma separated list of hosts which are granted read-write access on the export.
CIFS Share Details Input parameters:
The Access Control List user inputs identify the security permissions for the newly created Share. It is not necessary to provide Access Control List inputs in order for the Share to be created. If not provided, then ACLs will not be configured on the CIFS share. They can be configured at a latter point of time.
1) Users with full control: Comma separated list of users or groups with full control permission on the CIFS share.
2) Users who can change: Comma separated list of users or groups with change permission on the CIFS share.
3) Users who can read: Comma separated list of users or groups with read permission on the CIFS share.
4) Users with no access: Comma separated list of users or groups with no access permission on the CIFS share.
The workflow will result in creating a new Clustered ONTAP volume and optionally NFS export rules and a CIFS Share created on it. NFS export rules will allow the configuration of specific read-write hosts that are given access to it and the CIFS share can be optionally configured with Access Control Lists.
1) An error message is displayed if no aggregate within the selected Cluster is available to create the volume.
2) The workflow can fail if the provided user is not part of the CIFS domain to which the Storage Virtual Machine belongs to. Ensure that the users listed in Access Control Lists are valid users in the CIFS domain.
3) The workflow can fail if the selected Storage Virtual Machine has no NFS or CIFS protocols configured and services running on them.