Create a Clustered Data ONTAP Qtree CIFS Share
This workflow will create a qtree on a Clustered ONTAP volume and export it over CIFS. This will include:
· Creation of a qtree in the user specified volume on the selected Storage Virtual Machine.
· Creation of a CIFS share on the qtree path.
· Add applicable Access Control Lists for the new share.
Share Details Input parameters:
Many of the user inputs for the Share Details in this workflow are selected from what is available in your environment.
1) Cluster (required) The Clustered ONTAP storage system that hosts the Storage Virtual Machine and the volume where you would like to create the new Share.
The drop-down list identifies both the name of the Cluster and its Primary IP Address
2) Storage Virtual Machine (required) The Storage Virtual Machine that hosts the Share volume
The drop-down list identifies all the Data Storage Virtual Machines in the selected Cluster
3) Storage Virtual Machine Details Displays the relevant attributes of the Storage Virtual Machine. This just provides additional information of the Storage Virtual Machine chosen in the previous step:
· State of the Storage Virtual Machine. Ensure that the state of the selected Storage Virtual Machine is 'running'
· Indicates whether CIFS is an allowed protocol on the Storage Virtual Machine. Ensure that it is allowed.
· Indicates if CIFS service is up on the Storage Virtual Machine. Ensure that it is up.
4) Volume (required) The volume where you would like the new qtree and share created. The volumes assigned to the selected Storage Virtual Machine will be displayed along with the volumes Total Size, Used Size and Junction Path
5) Share Name (required) The name of the CIFS share. A qtree will be provisioned with the same name.
6) Share Comment (optional) A description for a CIFS share for CIFS clients to see when browsing the shares
Access Control Lists Input parameters:
The Access Control List user inputs identify the security permissions for the newly created Share. It is not mandatory to provide Access Control List inputs in order for the Share to be created. If not provided, then ACLs will not be configured on the CIFS share. They can be configured at a latter point of time.
1) Users with full control Comma separated list of users or groups with full control permission on the CIFS share.
2) Users who can change Comma separated list of users or groups with change permission on the CIFS share.
3) Users who can read Comma separated list of users or groups with read permission on the CIFS share.
4) Users with no access Comma separated list of users or groups with no_access permission on the CIFS share.
The workflow will result in creating a new Clustered ONTAP qtree, which will host a CIFS Share. The new Share will be created in the Clustered ONTAP system based on the user inputs, and will be available to the users and groups identified.
1) The workflow can fail if the provided user is not part of the CIFS domain to which the Storage Virtual Machine belongs to. Ensure that the users listed in Access Control Lists are valid users in the CIFS domain.