This workflow provisions a volume in the selected cluster and Storage Virtual Machine (SVM). As part of the workflow execution, the following tasks are performed:
1. A QoS policy group is created based on the user selection or an existing policy group in the SVM is used based on user confirmation.
2. FlexGroup volume is provisioned and associated to the QoS policy group. The QoS policy group is supported from ONTAP 9.3 and later.
To execute this workflow, provide the required information in the following fields:
· User Inputs
· QoS Policy Group Details
· Cluster* [Mandatory]: The ONTAP storage system that hosts the SVM, where the new volume is created.
Note: The QoS feature is available in ONTAP 8.2 and later. Therefore, only those applicable clusters are shortlisted and displayed in the drop-down list.
This list is a tabular resource selection showing the Cluster Name, Primary Address, and ONTAP version.
· Cluster Model (read only): You can select the model of the cluster.
· Storage Virtual Machine* [Mandatory]: The ONTAP storage system that hosts the SVM, where the new volume and QoS policy group will be created.
The drop-down list contains the name of the available clusters.
· Extended Volume Style: This drop-down list contains the style of the extended volume. The default value is FlexVol.
· Volume Name*[Mandatory]: The name to use for the volume. A volume guaranteed volume of the specified size will be provisioned in an aggregate with the most available capacity in the cluster by the given name and mounted in the SVM's namespace as /<volume_name>.
· Volume Size (GB)* [Mandatory]: The usable size of the volume to be created in gigabyte (GB).
· List of aggregates (Read Only): This field displays the list of available aggregates for creating a FlexGroup based on the choice you have made.
· Aggregate List*[Mandatory]: This field displays the list of available aggregates for creating a FlexGroup.
· Aggregate List Multiplier: This field lists the number of times the aggregate list has to be repeated while creating a FlexGroup volume.
· Create a new QoS policy group: By default, an existing policy group is shown in the drop-down list and if this checkbox is selected a new QoS policy group name is created with the given throughput limit.
· Name of the QoS Policy Group* [Mandatory]: From the drop-down menu, select the name of the QoS policy group to be used.
· New Policy Group Name* [Mandatory]: Type the name of the QoS policy group to be created.
· Throughput Limit* [Mandatory]: Maximum throughput limit defined by the QoS policy group. It is specified in terms of I/O operations per second (IOPS) or megabits per second (Mbps), and the range is zero to infinity.
Note: Beginning with ONTAP 9.4, minimum QoS throughput is supported for FlexGroup volumes.
Note: The default value for the maximum-throughput limit is infinity and the default unit is IOPS. Two reserved keywords 'none' and 'INF' can be used to either remove a value or for a situation that needs to specify the maximum available value.
Examples of valid specifications are: 100B/s, 10KB/s, 1gb/s, 500MB/s, 1tb/s, 100iops, None, and INF.
· Min Throughput Limit: Typing the QoS policy group name defines the minimum-throughput limit. It is specified in terms of IOPS.
Note: The default value for the minimum-throughput limit is zero and the default unit is IOPS. A reserved keyword 'none' is available for the situation that requires removal of a value.
Examples of valid specifications are 100iops and 100.
· Is Shared: Specifies if the Service Level Objectives (SLO) of the policy group are shared with the workloads or if the SLOs are applied separately to each workload. By default, the Is Shared check box is checked and the default value is true.
This workflow results in provisioning a new FlexGroup volume and is associated with the QoS policy group from ONTAP 9.3 and later.