This workflow expands an existing FlexGroup by adding new constituent volumes using same and different aggregates.
1. There must be an existing FlexGroup volume.
To execute this workflow, provide the required information in the following fields:
1. Storage Details
2. FlexGroup Details
· Cluster Name* [Mandatory]: The Clustered ONTAP storage system that hosts the Storage Virtual Machine where the new volume will be created.
The drop-down list identifies the name of the cluster, its primary IP address, and version.
· Storage Virtual Machine Name* [Mandatory]: The Storage Virtual Machine where the new volume will be provisioned.
This drop-down list allows you to select a Storage Virtual Machine where the volume will be provisioned.
· Name of the FlexGroup* [Mandatory]: From the drop-down menu, select the FlexGroup Volume.
You can provide the following details for expanding the FlexGroup:
· List of Aggregate (Read only): Provides you the list of aggregates available to create constituent volumes in the FlexGroup.
· Aggregate List* [Mandatory]: You can use the aggregates to be included in the Aggregate List. Now the selection can be one or more aggregates where repetition of aggregate is allowed in the aggregate list.
· Aggregate List Multiplier: Enables you to provide the number of constituent volumes to be created per aggregate for the FlexGroup.
This workflow results in expanding an existing FlexGroup by adding new constituent volumes using same and different aggregates.