This workflow will migrate two source volumes on the selected 7-mode storage system to another 7-mode system in the environment. The volumes will be migrated using Volume SnapMirror. This workflow will:
· Create new destination volumes for both source volumes being migrated with the name as <source_volume_name>_replica.
· Establish a Volume SnapMirror (VSM) relationship between each source and destination volumes
· Perform the Initialization and baseline transfer for both volumes
· Pause the workflow via an Approval point before continuing
· Once the baseline transfers are complete and the workflow is resumed:
o Remove all exports and CIFS shares from the source volumes
o Perform a final SnapMirror update for both VSM relationships
o Break the VSM relationships
Source Volumes Input parameters:
1) Source Array (required) – The storage system that contains the volumes you wish to migrate. The Primary IP Address and Hostname of the available 7-mode storage systems are provided via the drop-down list.
2) First Source Volume (required) – This is the name of the first volume you would like to migrate. The names of the volumes on the selected storage system are available in the drop-down list along with the Total Size, Used Size, and Volume Guarantee.
3) Second Source Volume (Required) – This is the name of the second volume you would like to migrate. The names of the volumes on the selected storage system are available in the drop-down list along with the Total Size, Used Size, and Volume Guarantee.
Destination Details Input parameters:
1) Destination Array (required) – The storage system where the new VSM destination volumes will be created. The Primary IP Address and Hostname of the available 7-mode storage systems are provided via the drop-down
Destination Aggregate Name (required) – The aggregate where you would like the
source volumes migrated. The aggregate names available on the selected
destination storage system will be provided along with the aggregate’s Total
Size, Used Size, Available Size, and number of volumes being hosted.
The workflow will migrate the selected volumes to the destination you choose by leveraging Volume SnapMirror. These VSM relationships will have a schedule as “* * 2 2”. Once the initialization and baseline transfer is completed, the workflow can be resumed to remove all exports and CIFS shares from the source volumes, perform a final VSM update, then break the VSM relationship.
1) An error message is displayed if there is no storage controller or aggregate with enough capacity to fulfill the storage provisioning request.