This workflow automates the cloning of up to a set of 5 volumes using the FlexClone technology. It creates a clone volume per every given source volume and names it automatically. In case where a previous clone already exists, the workflow will delete the previous clone.
Note: This workflow is provided as a sample only and will have to be copied and tweaked as per the cloning requirements in your specific environment.
Clone Details Input parameters
1) Number of volumes to clone (required) – The number of volumes to be cloned in the environment. This can be a range from 1-5.
2) First/Second/Third/Fourth/Fifth Volume name – The names of the volumes to be cloned. The details of volume like name along with array, Total Size, Used Size and Volume guarantees are displayed.
3) Suffix to be added to the names of the cloned volumes – All the clones will be named as <parent_volume_name>_<given_suffix>. The clone volumes will have their volume guarantee as None.
Export Details Input parameters
1) Hosts with Read Write Access
Comma separated list of hosts which are granted read-write access on the export created on the cloned volume.
2) Host with Read Only Access
Comma separated list of hosts which are granted read-only access on the export created on the cloned volume.
3) Host with Root Access
Comma separated list of hosts which are granted root access on the export created on the cloned volume.
The workflow will result in cloning as many volumes as you asked for (up to 5), each will reside on the same array as the source volume.
1) If the workflow cannot find one of the volumes, the workflow will stop and display an error message.
Potential workflow customization
This workflow is provided just as a sample. If cloning is used frequently in your environment, you may want to consider the following workflow customization suggestions. This can be done by cloning the workflow and adjusting few values in the workflow design.
1) If you need to clone from a snapshot rather than a new snapshot taken during the time of cloning, you can add the snapshot name to be used as a user input parameter. This is done in the command parameter details for “Clone Volume” command. The operator will be asked to enter name of the snapshot for the parent volume.
2) In a similar fashion, you can modify the VolumeGuarantee parameter of the Clone Volume command.